Sunday, 01 July 2007

Go small!

Have you ever wondered what treasures lie off the beaten track of our wonderful country? Whenever I get to travel with the family on a roadtrip I encourage us to stop and explore those small towns that so often we whizz past.

I am totally fascinated by small town culture (not in the stereotypical way though). About 5 years ago when our car broke down on the N1 we were taken in by strangers from the town of Trompsburg. What an experience! It was almost a step back in time going to a town with one tarred road and sheep walking in the street! The people were incredibly friendly and sacrificial as they opened their home to us and made us feel like we were visiting family.

In future posts to this blog I would like to feature small towns around the country. If you live in a small town or have experiences in small towns in South Africa, I would love to hear from you. You might get a chance to be a guest blogger!

No comments: